Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Laundry Room Progress

Well I have been a very busy bee here for the last few days. Not with Thanksgiving stuff--but my laundry room! I have been so excited about how it's turned out so far.

Here is a before of the cabinets:



I just hate this color. It doesn't do anything for the room at all.

My first stage of painting the cabinets.



I posted about the paint I'm using called Caromal Colours. It is fabulous to work with. It is a very thick textured paint that covers everything! You don't have to sand or prime the surface--just start painting. I chose a color called Cobblestone. It is a green color but has some gray in it. My inspiration was my Anthropolgie tablecloth that had a huge stain on it and I had made into a curtain for under the counter.



Side by side you can see where I added toner to the left cabinets and no toner on the right. I wasn't sure I was going to use the toner or not but I love the results. Because the paint is very thick and it's suppose to go on that way--I watered down mine a little bit to get a smoother finish. Just put one or two coats on and sand lightly before adding the toner.


You can see how much more depth is created with the toner.


See my cute tablecloth/curtain? Underneath is the dog cave. She loves hiding under there.


I hated the shelf that was orginally there so I bought two shelves to hang and display some items I already had. I want to get a more colorful rug for the floor but haven't had a chance yet to get one. Oh and above the sink I will be getting one of those Ballard Designs drying rack (or making one in the future).




I really like my new space to work in. I still have a few things I need to do to it but I am happily doing my laundry now!






6 comments:

  1. Ok, is it me or does the paint look more gray than green. In the text you sent me I thought it was green. Will you come and design my furniture laundry room? I will make you some homemade laundry soap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint is more gray but it does have green in it. I was thinking it looked more green. I would love to design your future room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori - I just came across your blog - I love your style and taste!! Great tips which will come in very handy as we are updating our laundry room. Quick question - can you tell me what color paint you have on the walls of the laundry room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren
    The paint color was already on the walls when I moved in but there is touch paint and it says, BM Ivoire.

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cabinet treatment! The space actually makes me want to do laundry, which is a rare occurrence :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find the vintage prints?

    ReplyDelete