Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011 DIY and Home Improvement Project List

I'm sitting in my family room, contemplating what goals I would like to accomplish for 2011. Now mind you, I'm am only looking at things around the house on this blog. I have a long list of personal goals listed in my personal notebook, (perhaps for a different day). Anyway, I have company here until this Sunday so I'm having a great time visiting with them (50th anniversary dinner is Thursday night) and had a spare moment to think about what I would like to do to this house. This Christmas was wonderful although I had a hard time figuring out where to decorate, what to decorate and should I get rid of things I no longer need since we downsized our home. So it makes sense to come up with a few projects for the new year. Here is what I have so far:

1. Blinds in the family room. We moved in last May and since the seasons have changed--the sun is ridiculous in the morning. You can't sit in the family room without the sun in your eyes.


2.Window treatments. I was fortunate to have window treatments from the previous owners that match what I already have but I still have a couple of rooms that need them.

  • Jeff's Office
  • Guest Room
  • Bonus Room
  • Master Bedroom
  • Master Bath
  • Guest Room downstairs

3.Attempt to reupholster a chair using drop cloths. I thought I would start with a small project with this one.

4. Wallpaper powder room and daughter's bathroom

5. Eliminate more from my attic space. I got rid of so much stuff before the move but my storage space is small so I would like to eliminate even more.

6. Hang more photos and artwork in upstairs hallway.

7. Plant more flowers.


This is my list so far.  I will post more as they come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment