Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's All Good(will) and a little salvation

I have gotten so many nice comments about my craft room/ guest room this past week that I wanted to continue to show you what else I've been working on. My mom is in town for the week and we like to go "junkin" and to thrift stores and here are a couple things I purchased for the room.

Antique piano bench for my craft area. The lady couldn't believe I only had to pay $39 for it. The price had been marked down a couple of times but I was looking for a swivel bench and this was perfect.



I found this antique owl at Goodwill for .99 cents.


My mom taught me everything about thrift store shopping as long as I can remember (even when it wasn't cool). We then headed over to the Salvation Army and I scored these Waverly curtain panels for $4.99--yes that's right $4.99. They were the perfect color to add to this room. (I'ts cloudy out so the picture is kind of dark)


Don't you love when everything comes together and you didn't have to spend a lot of money to do so? I also found a wire basket for the wrapping paper. The room is finally looking finished.





7 comments:

  1. So! Cute! Love it!
    Your mom has taught you to have a good eye for beautiful, affordable things and your talents are amazing! Cannot wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Coming over from Inspiration Friday..
    You sure have a lot of patience and a great eye!!!! And one heck of a Goodwill! Love what you have been up to.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog (from Just a Girl.) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! I found you via Southern In My Heart today. I am so glad I did! Your blog is great. I SO admire you talented folks out there who can see the potential in something like an old plate rack! I'm trying to get better at that. I LOVE LOVE what you did with it AND the desk - they're perfect together! I'm a new follower of yours and look forward to seeing what else you come up with. Come visit me sometime.

    ~ www.billiemonster.com ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are your cutains red?? I think I have the same curtains...and I love them! I got them at Target on clearance years ago...and paid alot more than $5. :)

    That room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The piano beach is beautiful. That is a nice find right there.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete