Thursday, February 3, 2011

Anthropologie Inspiration

I am having an ADD week! I did mention in one of my earlier posts that I love to have a few projects going on at the same time. I'm assuming that I get bored and have to work on something else. That's my store and I'm sticking to it. Last night I was in my craft room (which I love) and I realized I hadn't shared with you my closet I redid in there and then before I could show you that, I had to do something with the dresser that was also in the closet. So I had seen this dresser from Anthro and then noticed on some other blogs people recreated it and well I thought it was the perfect solution for me.


Here is how mine turned out.



I decided to use spray paint but you could use any paint and dab it on using a stencil. I went with white because the dresser is darker than the one in the inspiration photo. I love how it turned out and it's perfect for my craft closet.

All I did was use Microsoft Publisher to create a stencil using the font "stencil" and then cut it out by hand.





I taped the stencil onto the dresser drawers and used spray paint.


I did use some sandpaper to rough it up a bit and added some bronze knobs.


And before you freak out that I just destroyed an expensive antique (like my sister did when I showed her a picture), I will tell you that this piece is VERY distressed and one of the reasons why I'm using it to store all my cutting tools and diecut machine.

Now what will I do today!

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog and love how you decorate, this piece looks great!

    ReplyDelete