Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kitchen Tour

I just cleaned my kitchen so I thought it was a good time to take some photos of it. It doesn't always look this way (just ask my husband) but I do try and keep it neat and tidy. What we love about this house is how open it is to the rest of the living spaces. I will give you a tour of the other rooms when I clean them.
The color on the main floor is called Lemon Verbena by Sherwin Williams. There is something about green that looks great in the spring and summer and wonderful in the fall and winter. I love the outdoors. I pretty much lived outside when I was growing up on a farm in Ohio.

Lemon Verbena


This is the view from my family room. You can see my red couch in the left corner. The window treatments were left by the previous owners and they match everything I had! I still need to add a rug for the table and some chair cushions.


The dreaded desk area. Where everything piles up and collects dust. I have plans for the this space. I would like to turn it into a serving/coffee bar area. Replace the cabinets with black ones and put one of those built in coffee machines in there. A girl can dream can't she?


I like the hood on this cook top so that I can display my antique pitchers. I have plans for this space too. Shhh...don't tell my husband but I would like to remove the bottom doors and have open shelving for my pots and pans. Eventually I would also like to replace the back splash tile. Like I said, don't tell my husband.


The island is where we eat most of our meals. It seems this is the gathering space when people come over. We have had a couple of parties in this house and it's a great place to hang out and talk.


View from my stairs. I love my kitchen. It is bright and sunny and a good place to cook and gather with friends and family. Now if only I could keep it looking like this.

Now join the fun and head over to Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style.


4 comments:

  1. Lori, your kitchen is beautiful. I see you and I like the same colors. I have green walls in my kitchen, too and two red sofas. Thanks for joining WUW. I need a link to the party added to your post please so others can find the party and join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about your kitchen. Love the color of the walls...and your island. I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely kitchen. I think that's the same granite counters we have :) I love all the colors. So warm and calm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kitchen, you cannot beat real wood, it always looks crisp and natural.

    ReplyDelete