Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Potting Bench for Mother's day

Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands. I did just that when I came across this adorable potting bench at the antique mall. I spotted it going in and kept it in the back of my mind as I went looking for other treasures. As I was checking out, I texted my husband and told him I had found my Mother's day gift. "K" was his text message back to me to which I replied, "you aren't going to ask how much it is?" To which he replied, "no problem--I'm in a meeting". And that dear friends is how you buy a mother's day gift for yourself!


I thought about putting it outside but I didn't feel like putting an outdoor finish on it and instead put it on my screened in porch. As you can see, I have my round wrought iron accent behind it and that will be moved up higher and according to my husband--part two of my mother's day gift. You see, it was a pain in the butt to drill a hole in the brick and hang that sucker so for now--it's still there until I get him to hang it higher for me. I was thinking a cute lavender wreath would look good hanging on it.

Anyway, I have my potting supplies on here for now but when we entertain, I can easily use it as a serving buffet. It's always amazing to me when I have in my head what I am looking for and then I find it. Do you have those moments too?



Here is another shot of it. Once I hang the circle higher, I am going to get another lantern to hang on the right side of it.



I picked my favorite flower this morning to sit on here. The Peonies are so beautiful and smell so good.


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment