Sunday, June 5, 2011

County Fair Theme Party

Well after months of planning the event that I had blogged about earlier has finally come and gone. I have to say I was very pleased with how everything went. Even the weather which had been in the 90's all week, settled in the mid 80's with a nice breeze. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I have lost count at the number of events I have put together for this but I think this was my sixth one. We host a member guest tennis event every year at our club and this years theme was the River Run County Fair.

Here are some of the photos that I took. I believe someone else took some other ones that I will try and get a hold of. Also, I will have a resource list of all the items that I used for this event.


I was able to rent these red and white checkered tablecloths and they were perfect for the theme. The large balloons I found online as well as the pennants.



I brought my retro popcorn maker from home and purchased the popcorn bags online. 



These were the welcome bags when the guests arrived. I had red towels embroidered with tennis racquets and a bottle of water and a granola bar inside. In the pocket I made a little card with the itinerary for the day and a raffle ticket.


The large centerpieces are the first place prizes. I purchased flowers from the store as well as a farmer's market where I was clipping out in the field for sunflowers and zinnias.


I found watering cans and milk cans at Michael's and used red and blue ribbons for the outside.
You can also see in the photo that I found these cute mason jars wrapped with bandannas and striped straws inside-so cute.



But I think the item that stole the show was the cake that our pastry chef made. I asked him to create a cake in the shape of a cherry pie. Fabulous!!!!




I will try and post some more photos later.

2 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous Lori! What a beautiful party! It looks like you paid attention to and planned every little detail! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red and white checkered table cloths are super nice.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete