Friday, August 19, 2011

The Not So Endless Summer

Ok, I don't know about you but my summer has flown by so fast that I'm scrambling to get all the projects I had planned done by next week!!! Where does the time go? I will highlight a few special places I went this summer along with some of my personal projects as well as client projects. I'm finishing up a bathroom vanity for a teenage girl. The room is beautiful and her mom wanted the bathroom vanity painted to go along with this very sophisticated girls room. I finish tomorow so I will show you the after photos but for now here is where I started...

They replaced the countertop with a beautiful granite and I primed the base cabinet as well as the doors and drawers.



I painted the basecoat with Sherwin Williams Sticks and Stones. A very pretty taupe gray color.


I then added a light coat of Valspar Metal and Patina Glaze. I lightly brushed that on so that you could see the metallic highlights.


And lastly, I mixed one part Martha Stewart glaze with one part Sherwin Williams Black Fox and dry brushed over all the surfaces.

I can't wait to show you the final product with the newly installed wallpaper.




2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome so far! I can't wait to see the end results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it with the wallpaper. Super excited.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete